Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Assignment Write-Up + Assignment questions

This assignment wasn't too difficult but very time consuming. For this assignment I wanted to use the flash animation that I presented last class, to help push the idea of connection in my new presentation. I was afraid it wouldn't express the same visual interest as before, but I wanted it to be used. What are your ideas on using early projects again? I also, continued using text build my composition, which was the tedious aspect of the project basically. Other than that I tried to incorporate as much material in this final project as I could without overdoing the idea. My intentions for the flash animation was to recreate the act of watching a video and mimic with my own logo's and opening trademarks until the opening of the movie.

Is there a way of reshaping that practice to this new set of tools you have learned? I think that by using what I know from my previous practices have influenced what I do with this new set of tools. When I think about the reshaping aspect of my practice, I feel that this new tool becomes very useful when trying to communicate my artwork in a sense chronological motion or stages. This form is my way of filling in the gaps that previous practice could not fill.

How do these tools enforce a different working environment from that of traditional practice? Well in this practice everything is more opinionated than before. It also destroys the kind of boundaries or limitations that one might come across using the traditional method. For instance, conforming all your forms to a grid. That method may help in the designing aspect of a artwork overall, but this new tool takes away actually having to do such a thing. That's what makes this new tool more flexible and widely used.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the piece is great and funny. I like how everything is so clean and obviously computer made and then you get hit with these 2 cats at a bath house.

bwittmuss said...

I like the beginning of the animation with the TV turning on, showing your previous assignment, but you should have fixed the problems in that animation. It is a little prolonged, in that it should be faster. But the overall affect is good, especially how the letters change colors indicating electricity on the bridge, -I'm just joking- the electric lines.

Ryan said...

this is nice. however, i liked the parts with the black background more when they were full bleed over the screen. I think if you zoomed all the way in on the television, it might have more visual impact.

Caleb said...

I like the subtle things you brought to this piece - like the line-in screen on the tv, and the wipe going left on the electric lines then the wipe going right on the text below it. Yeah those cats were random.