Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Assignment Write-Up

This assignment was difficult for me because I didn't remember some of the key-strokes that we went over in class to get certain results. I did a landscape basically with the sun moving and sky changing colors. I wanted it the animation to have a windy feeling about it. So that explains the trees swaying. I made a lot of attempts to make a gradient change in the sky but that didn't happen quite like I wanted it to. I also tried the a masking-shape tween-along a path and that failed too. So I'm hoping to learn what I did wrong so I will be able to use what I learn in class more productively outside of class.

The landscapes websites that I visited are here below.
http://www.richardtbryant.com/portfolio/landscapes/index.html

http://movies.nytimes.com/2007/06/20/movies/20land.html

4 comments:

Marc Aaron said...

I think the size of swf works great for the landscape assignment and it looked like you got everything in there except for the gradient tween.
I like the mask at the beginning that opens up the scene, but where it starts to open up seems weird to me.
The only problem I have is that the grass seems a little fuzzy, as in the pixels look funny.

bwittmuss said...

Pierre's digiscape was well composed and executed with time exposure of the sun moving from dusk to dawn. The gnarled tree moving in the wind is sort of eerie. I know it was difficult for you to create the movement and the masks Pierre, since I was there, and it turned out really good.

Unknown said...

Your landscape is super creepy, almost like a Surrealist painting. Im not sure if its that back-most hill with all the rows of dead trees or just seeing the sun rise and fall so quickly. Something is unsettling.

Caleb said...

With the size of this animation, I was inclined to look past the large tree that was the focus of this piece, and I noticed that large group of trees in the background. I personally would have liked to see these guys move too, like with that technique where you make one symbol out of a group of animated objects. Hopefully you will pick up some of those things you had trouble with, because I think that if you do, you can make some really interesting pieces.