Monday, January 28, 2008

My net.art

This picture was chosen because of the humor that it has and the different kinds of associations that can be made from it. I wanted to illustrate my views of art or my thoughts about how net.art can be something ugly. I didn't want to use text and I wanted it to be a attention grabber. The colors aren't the same colors that I chose them to be so that's frustrating. However, this picture depicts some mountain climbers climbing inside the mouth of a young boy. The boys mouth is by All means "different." The boy to me represents art and how art is still developing. The mouth stood out because I thought it represented how art can be unaccepted or different. Even with something as disgusting as that, people will still try to explore and make something of it.

This is my ready-made.

4 comments:

Caleb said...

that kid is freaking me out. i like the colors you used they're fresh

Ryan said...

This is an interesting image. I dont know how clear the metaphor would be to an uninformed observer, but i think the ideas of exploration and development come across clearly.

Unknown said...

I agree with Caleb. This kids mouth is repulsive. At first I thought it was really cheesy looking, like something you would see on an e-card, but at the same time I am having this super visceral response to it.

Marc Aaron said...

This picture reminds me of all the nasty shit kids put in their mouths, yet it doesn't ever seem to cause them too much damage.