Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Assignment Write-Up

So, for the sound project over the weekend I came up with the idea to make up this interactive game that doesn't have a true end. Basically, the user is allowed to hit targets on a punching bag and hear these crazy sounds that I created, to give the bag feelings. All audio was made by me, so the project was actually pretty fun to gather raw materials, until the coding started. I had a real hard time scripting my project because some things would work with certain circumstances while others would just not compromise. The targets are hard to hit, so have fun getting to hear all the crazy soundz I came up with.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

This made me laugh. I really like the idea behind it, but I would like to see the action scripting made the whole project more dynamic.

bwittmuss said...

I believe that you have some technical issues with the swf Pierre, because you can't change the volume, and when you hit the punching bag, nothing happens. There's also a white outline of the fist, which is distracting. They can easily be fixed, so don't cry, Pierre. Please, don't.

Caleb said...

I like that every sound was made by you - for many different reasons. The main reason is that it just sounds good. Even though you said that you were having trouble getting your code to work, I wouldn't notice it from the finished product. I think this could be a really cool starting point for a larger-scale game.

Marc Aaron said...

I think the sounds went along with the graphics pretty well, and the noise of the fist hitting was fun to make because it went along with the beat-box. I felt like there was a consistent atmosphere between the graphics and the sounds.